*satURday*

Sat. UR. Day. As in UR day. YOUR day.

On Thursday I shared that I was having “one of those days”. Yesterday was pretty bumpy too. I figured by day three I’d be over my rough day streak but this morning started off a little shaky too. Damn.

I shared this pic and status this morning on Instagram:

My intention this morning was to go for a short ride so that I can start getting comfortable on my bike. After three attempts to get out the door, I finally strapped on my helmet and walked my bike to the road only to discover that both tires are flat. #fail #cyclistwannabe#outsidemycomfortzone #learning #cycling #intention

wpid-img_20140607_062306.jpg

Awkward selfie wearing a more awkward bike helmet.

Then, the brand new $2.00 (for 6 oz.!) coconut yogurt I bought at the store yesterday, that I was really looking forward to for breakfast, was moldy.

And. Wait for it. (I need to regain my composure… )

As I was writing that last sentence (about the yogurt) I got stung by a bee on my right foot. I’m totally serious!! ; (

I saw the bee in the window this morning but forgot about him until he crawled under the computer desk and decided to sting me on the bottom of my foot!!!

I was just about to share this quote I saw earlier and how I’m pretty sure most of my issues the past days have been made worse by how I’ve reacted them.

Life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it. And so it is with you. We are in charge of our attitudes. – Charles Swindoll

Damn bee. And flat tires. And moldy yogurt.

But you know what? I had a great morning running a 5k with a 9 year-old-girl who LOVES to run. (More about that later.) The clouds have cleared and I’m ready to soak up some sunshine and enjoy a quiet afternoon with my family. I’m determined to not let the 10% ruin the other 90%!!

Make it YOUR day!!

Advertisements

2 thoughts on “*satURday*

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s