Mileage for the week of July 21st through July 27th:
Total weekly mileage: 40
Total July mileage (to-date): 135.5
Total year-to-date mileage: 1,271.5
7/21 40:54 min./5 mi./8:11 pace
7/22 28:26 min./3.25 mi./8:45 pace
7/23 43:05 min./5.25 mi./8:12 pace
31:50 min./4 mi./7:56 pace (track/speed workout)
7/24 28:33 min./3 mi./9:31 pace (hill repeats)
7/25 No run
7/26 38:13 min./3.5 mi./10:53 pace
7/27 2:28:41 min./16 mi./9:18 pace
Sometimes, during the course of the training week, I overlook how much running I actually do. Forty miles isn’t a huge amount of ground covered, but over 7 days, I ran 7 times, even taking one day off. I ran a couple of short, easy runs, a fun run with friends from my running group, hill repeats with my daughter, 100m repeats on the track by myself, a long, hilly run with my BFP… looking back, I accomplished more than I realized while my training week was still in progress.
Most important, while running is a huge focus in my life, it doesn’t always come first. I also made time last week to:
- Have coffee with my mom and dinner with both of my parents.
- Go to a M.E.L.T method class and afterward had tea with my dear teacher/mentor/friend.
- Have a sweet date with Mr. Wasn’t Just the Wine Talking which included an outdoor concert with our best friends.
- Study up on herbal remedies, poolside, while eating fresh-from-the-garden cucumbers.
- Make calzones with my son.
- Go kayaking with my daughter and a friend.
All in addition to my regular teaching schedule and the usual life/family/home responsibilities. I’m feeling especially grateful today that I can enjoy running but that I can also create balance with everything else that fulfills me too.
Have a great week!!