Mileage for the week of August 25th – 31st
Total weekly mileage: 24.75
Total XC mileage: 8
Total August mileage (to-date): 178.5
Total year-to-date mileage: 1,470
8/25 23:59 min./3 mi./7:58 pace
8/26 34:00 min./4.25 mi./8:00 pace
8/27 36:18 min./4.5 mi./8:04 pace
8/28 38:41 min./4.75 mi./8:09 pace
8/29 24:11 min./3 mi./8:02 pace
8/30 42:03 min./5.25 mi./8:01 pace
8/31 No run/rest day
Total miles: 178.5
Longest run: 20
Total days running: 26
YTD mileage: 1,470
Miles to goal (2,014 for the year): 544
Some of my favorite August moments included:
- Watching a movie under the stars.
- Celebrating my daughter’s17th birthday with family and friends.
- A crazy game of volleyball in the pool on a lazy Sunday afternoon.
- Running my longest training run on a beautiful, local trail with BFP and a few new running friends.
- The entire experience of going to Seattle to meetup with my Nuun team and then running Hood to Coast.
- The beginning of cross-country season and jumping into my new role as a coach.
- A visit from my sis-in-law and nephew and celebrating his first birthday.
- An impromptu gathering with friends to watch football, eat pizza, and drink wine.
I’m ready for a fresh start. Turning to the September section of my planner this morning created a sense of optimism that I’ve been struggling to feel lately. It is going to be so, so busy but I’m looking forward to welcoming my favorite season full of running and XC, watching my girl play her last year of high school soccer, enjoying the return of football season, the end of season harvest that provides so many delicious and cozy meals, the changing colors of the landscape, the crisp autumn air… YES! Bring on September!