If you’ve followed my journey, you know that October is a month that I romantically write about. I do love the month of October. However, this year, November may get my vote for my favorite month of the year. While it was still plenty busy, there were little pockets of time in which I got to slow down and really savor all of the things I love about the autumn season. I also got to spend a lot of time with a lot of people who I love. It was a pretty amazing month!
Total miles: 175.25
Longest run: 16.5
Total days running: 25
YTD mileage: 1,904
Miles to goal (2,014 for the year): 110
Some of my favorite November moments included:
- Celebrating my daughter. So many fantastic accomplishments and recognition’s for her this month. I got to see her perform in her last marching band competition of her high school career, she was awarded with several awards for soccer, band, and the health/physical education department at school, got her driving permit (finally!), AND was appointed as a princess on the court for her winter formal! It was an epic month for her and I am so proud of her and the wonderful young woman she has become!!
- Spending two great days with my sister-in-law and nephew. They came to stay with me and I enjoyed having them here so, so much.
- Speaking of epic… my girls and I had a pretty epic night out a few weeks ago. Five girls, plenty of wine, great conversation, and lots of laughs. So good! I love my girlfriends!!
- Not that I would necessarily consider parenting solo for two weeks a favorite part of my month, it does amaze me that my ability to keep sh*t together when I’m on my own is pretty stellar. Except for the AC incident…
- Gathering with friends makes me so happy. I got to spend time with friends on a couple of occasions this month… wine tasting… watching football… I am blessed with great people in my life and I love being with them.
- The same is true of my family. I love my family and I so enjoyed our time together for Thanksgiving. Sharing great food with people you love while marinating in all that we have to be thankful for is simply awesome.
- Perhaps some of the greatest runs of my life happened in November. The kind of runs that leave you in awe of the beauty and company that you are surrounded by. My heart feels very full.
Being that I’m not really “training” right now, the fact that I ran 175+ miles is pretty awesome too. I’m just over 100 miles away from my goal for the year. I have no doubt that I’ll be celebrating that accomplishment just before the craziness of the holidays arrive and actually hope to exceed it!
And regarding the AC incident… I may have never laughed so hard in my life!!! (I’m still giggling about it weeks later!) In an attempt to remove it, thinking I could hold its weight, well… here is the visual after I dropped it from the window.