Great friends, good food, a hot tub, well stocked bar, and a heart that is full of hope for the future is how I’m spending this final evening of 2014. What a year. WHAT A YEAR!
Total miles: 185
Longest run: 13.1
Total days running: 27
YTD mileage: 2,088
2,088 miles. 2,088 MILES!! I ran 2,088 miles this year!!
I’ve been really sick this week. I wish I could have finished the month/year a little stronger but I had to minimize my mileage the past few days. I’m proud of what I accomplished this year. Feeling like crap, I set off this morning in 24 degrees to finish the year with 185 miles for the month of December and 2,088 total for 2,014.
Some of my favorite December moments included:
- Supporting a young female athlete while running with her at her first 5k as part of my local Run Girl Run program.
- Celebrating the one year anniversary of the running club that I co-founded with my dear running friend, Woody.
- Witnessing my daughter, who was nominated as a princess for her winter formal, strut her stuff and shine in ways I could only dream of as a teen.
- Accompanying my brother when he ran his first half marathon distance on an epic, and very hilly, run in Washington near Mt. Rainier.
- Meeting, and surpassing, my goal of running 2,014 miles for the year.
- Holidays. While I get super stressed out, I love the way that the holidays bring people together.
- Running with people I love. Seriously. I am so blessed to have people in my life that share this crazy passion for running and I’m so grateful for them.
BRING ON 2015!!!! Be safe, have fun, and get ready to rock a fantastic year! Stop wishing and start making it happen! xo