Sunday evening. Thank goodness for an extra day off this weekend because I need it! Tomorrow is a big day dedicated to getting organized for the coming week. Time management, in addition to simplifying in all areas of my life, has become a big focus for me. I want to minimize to maximize. Oxymoron? Maybe. But I’ve got some fun things happening and in order to bring my A game, I need to create space in so many ways!
A few things on my radar I thought I’d share:
- There are just a few more days left to take advantage of the registration discount for the Reebok Spartan Race! Use the code: MEMORIAL at checkout to save up to $40 off your registration fee. The offer is only good until 5/27 so don’t wait any longer! (In fact, Mr. Wasn’t Just the Wine Talking and I have decided that we are going to do a Reebok Spartan Race together later this summer and are going use this training plan!)
- Posting here on Wasn’t Just the Wine Talking has been sporadic, at best, lately. My friend, Amanda, Just a Mom who TRI’s, recently shared her thoughts on her own blog with this post: Is the blog dead? I have no plans to quit blogging and have some big ideas around blogging in general that I’m working to manifest. (More on that at some point later!) But I really appreciated her honesty!
- Speaking of… much of my effort to re-organize revolves around that fact that I’ve been asked to join the team of bloggers that works to keep Oregon-area (and SW Washington) runners in-the-know! I’m so honored to begin sharing my own musings on www.runoregonblog.com, coming soon!!!!!
- One of my biggest challenges right now, in terms of writing, is that I don’t have a laptop. I’m grateful that I have a computer at all, but I fantasize about owning a sweet little laptop that I can tote around to a coffee shop, or even my deck to sit in the sun, to write. My previous laptop died a while back and it’s just not been in the budget to replace. The other portion of my little fantasy is creating an equally sweet little office space where I can comfortably sip creamy coffee concoctions while I put pen to paper… or fingertips to keyboard.
- I’m on a serious super-foods kick. My latest obsession is bee pollen. It’s been a while since I’ve had some on hand but I picked some up at the farmer’s market yesterday and am looking forward to some kitchen alchemy tomorrow. I’m not sure this is the exact recipe I’ll use but something similar.
- My latest read: You Are a Brand!
- Finally, my thoughts on Memorial Day. This may offend some… but I’ve been saddened to see how deluded this holiday has become. While I wholeheartedly agree with taking every opportunity to honor not only our veterans, but also our deceased love ones, I’m not sure society realizes what it is we are honoring on Memorial Day. It is a day to memorialize our service men and women who have died in the line of duty while defending our country. I love a BBQ as much as the next gal, but I really hope people take the time to recognize the reason behind the extra day off tomorrow.
However you plan to spend the holiday, be safe and make it a day to remember!