Total miles: 119
Longest run: 10
Total days running: 22
YTD mileage: 1,242.5
Some of my favorite July moments included:
- My family’s first official 5k. We ran the Red, White, and Blues together on Sunday, July 5th following a mellow, fun 4th with family and friends.
- Spending a few days in Central Oregon. Mr. Wasn’t Just the Wine Talking’s family has a long-tradition of playing in, and now organizing, a golf tournament. I’ve been going for 20 years and we look forward to it every summer.
- Taking my son and his buddy hiking at Smith Rock State Park. It gives me a lot of joy to share the things I love with the people who I love!
- An early morning trail run at Forest Park. Trail runs are far and few in between so I savor those opportunities when they arise!
- An amazing evening celebrating Mr. WJTWT’s birthday made complete with a bottle of prosecco, his and her’s pedicures, happy hour, takeout of one of his favorite dishes from Portland-area, cult-fave, Pok Pok, and a picnic in the park with live music and an outdoor movie. SO. MUCH. FUN!
- Hiking Forest Park with the whole family. (Portlanders are seriously blessed with such an amazing urban park right in our backyard!) This outing was especially meaningful as we were counting down the days until our daughter departed for basic training.
- The arrival of my sister-in-law and nephew. It was a welcome distraction with all the other activities going on!
- A small, sweet family and friend gathering to wish my daughter well as she prepared to depart for basic training.
- Not a favorite moment, per se, but within the mix of emotions I was feeling as I watched my daughter pass through security and down the concourse at the airport, I felt so much pride. I’m really excited for her to begin having her own life experiences as a young adult. My mama heart has been pretty tender but I know great things are in store for her.
- Another trip to Central Oregon! While it was technically a work trip for Mr. WJTWT, we were able to get in two great hikes, soak up some sun, enjoy some time in the pool, sleep outside under the stars, and regroup after a busy, busy month!
I can’t help but feel a little sad that summer is passing so quickly. Cross country starts in four weeks and the school year not long after that. Our autumn season is looking to be a busy one so I want to savor every single second August gives us! More adventures happening soon!
I hope you are having an amazing summer too!!