Total miles: 142
Longest run: 16
Total days running: 24
YTD mileage: 1,384.5
Some of my favorite August moments included:
- Beginning the new month in Central Oregon with Mr. Wasn’t Just the Wine Talking, swimming, hiking at Smith Rock, sleeping under the stars, and enjoying some time together.
- A fun packet pick-up adventure the day before the Oregon Wine Country Half Marathon in wine country. Wine, snacks, new shoes… fun day!
- Running the Oregon Wine Country Half Marathon. No expectations except to enjoy myself and the event. Done and done!
- While we couldn’t celebrate together, I did celebrate my daughters 18th birthday on 8/12 with 8.12 miles. I can’t believe my baby is 18!!!
- A crazy-fun two-day backpacking trip with my boys that turned into one rainy night of backpacking followed with the second night in a hotel and a day hike.
- Hiking with my dad. We’d been talking about hiking Saddle Mountain, in the Oregon Coast range for at least a year. We finally did it a few weeks ago. It’s an intense hike but the view at the top is amazing!
- A surprise overnight trip. On a Friday afternoon a few weeks ago I was told to “be ready to leave by 2:30 and pack an overnight bag.” Oh my. Mr. WJTWT surprised me with a trip, by train, up to Centralia, Washington were we stayed the night and explored the cute historic downtown area the next day before traveling back home. So fun and sweet!
There was running sprinkled in there throughout the month too! August was just so awesome! We really packed in some amazing adventures and I’m so grateful for that. The next few months are filled to the brim with work, school, cross-country… not a lot of play for a while so I’ll be holding these adventures close to my heart for many weeks to come!
September is here and in full-swing. The weather has started to turn (I considered turning on the heat this morning!) and while I’m a little sad to see summer go, I’m excited for the arrival of autumn too. Have a safe and happy Labor Day weekend and best of luck to those of you that are shuffling little people back to school next week!