Mileage for the week of November 23rd – November 29th
Total weekly mileage: 15.5
Total November mileage (to-date): 119.5
Total year-to-date (2015) mileage: 1,737.75
11/23 8:24 min./1 mi./8:25 pace
11/24 35:06 min./4 mi./8:47 pace
11/25 41:25 min./5 mi./8:17 pace
11/26 29:38 min./3.5 mi./8:28 pace
11/27 17:02 min./2 mi./8:31 pace
11/28 No run/travel (and getting sick)
11/29 No run/sick
And then weeks like this happen.
I knew from the start that last week was going to throw me for a loop. I did the best I could given the challenges of the week including getting sick over the weekend. The biggest bummer was that I cut my November running streak short. I still ran 30 consecutive days, spanning from October 29th through November 28th, so I’m happy about that but ultimately missed my goal by just two days.
I’m still sick and feeling really crappy but I did attempt a short, easy run this afternoon. I didn’t cough up a lung so that was pretty cool. I’ve been working some holistic wellness magic in hopes that I’ll feel better by the weekend since I’ve got a race on Saturday. Just a small, home-town 5k, but one in which I’d really like to kick some ass at!
If you’re curious about my wellness protocol, basically it’s Bourbon. Lots of Bourbon.
Kidding. (Sort of.)
There are a few go-to products that I incorporate at the onset of a cold and continue to use until the symptoms subside. They include:
- Astragalus tincture in water or tea. (To support healthy immune function.)
- Source Naturals Wellness Formula (I actually take one a day during the colder months.)
- Hot cocoa-like tonics made with Ashwaganda. (To help strengthen my immune system.)
- The cold/wet sock remedy (There is a link in THIS previous post.)
- Miso soup with lots of garlic, ginger, cilantro, onions, and Astragalus root (because I have it on hand).
- Elderberry syrup by Honey Gardens.
- Lots of tea.
- Rest and staying warm.
- Eucalyptus and peppermint essential oil in the shower.
- Aura Cacia First Response Mist.
- Bourbon. (I want to make sure all the bases are covered!)
My fingers are crossed that it works and I’m feeling a ton better within a few more days!
I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving and celebrated the abundance in your lives with your loves! Get ready to jump into a festive month ahead! Cheers!