Dare I even call myself a runner anymore? The past two weeks have made me wonder. Last week I missed a few days due to travel and after arriving back home, I was plagued with what seemed to be the onset of illness due to fatigue and an overwhelming feeling of being rundown. A few days later, the aforesaid onset of illness became a full-blown head cold that has kicked my ass the past three days. Goodbye running, hello neti pot.
I’m sure it’s needless to say but man, am I in a rut! February hasn’t been the best month, both running wise and for life in general. I’m SOOOOOO ready for March! (Which will produce its own challenges as it brings BIG changes for my household but I’m ready for that too! I won’t disclose the details yet but I will note that I’m on the hunt for a new running tribe in the Los Angeles area so if you’re a reader in SoCal, hit me up!)
Anyway, I’m taking another “rest” day to fight off this bug so I can jump into a fresh new week and month feeling better and ready to tackle the obstacles heading my way.
On a brighter note, I thought I’d share a few things that have captivated my attention the past few days. (I’ve spent way too much time on the internet. Doh!)
- This run in September sound so awesome! The HTC (Hood to Coast) race series will be holding a race on the runway at the Portland Internation Airport called PDX Runway Run! Prices increases at midnight tomorrow so reserve your space today. (It’s only $30 bucks!)
- Have you heard or Ctitch.com? It is a cloud-based personal management website that keeps your notes, lists, links, photos, recipes… anything you can imagine really, organized in a very simple format. It can also be used for electronic journaling. They even have a great blog post about journaling HERE! It’s free to sign up and is mobile friendly. Check it out!
- Two words: Fuller House. OMG! I am a total 90’s kid and geeked out over the new Netflix series. My favorite character is Kimmy Gibbler, played by Andrea Barber. In real life, Andrea is a runner and just a few weeks ago, ran the LA Marathon. Pro Compression has even nicknamed one of their multi-colored socks the “Gibbler” in her honor. And in case you missed it, this past Friday was #NationalWearTheGibblersDay to commemorate the premiere of Fuller House. No joke!
- I’ve got Cali on my mind a ton and have been researching possible running routes and trails to explore. The last time I was in LA, I fell in love with Runyon Canyon (RUNyon? Come on, now!). This article offers some great suggestions for paths and routes to run once I get settled.
- Speaking of LA, tonight is the Academy Awards. Film is a HUGE influence in the Wasn’t Just the Wine Talking household and the main reason we will soon be relocating. One of these days, Mr. WJTWT and I will be walking the red carpet. In the meantime, this will have to suffice:
I hope the rest of your Sunday is full of awesome!